Grant Delpit vs. Jamal Adams Comparison...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Taken from Shea Dixon via twitter.
Dave Aranda is being aggressive with using Grant Delpit this year, even more so than Jamal Adams his final year at #LSU.

In five games vs. 12 games, Delpit already has more QB hurries, sacks and interceptions.
0A2D78F8-B1E6-4166-AF4C-73C01D0B4AEF.jpeg

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
I compared Delpit to Matthieu. And I stand by that statement. He’s always near the ball and makes plays every game.

TigerTap

Senior
Pretty good comparison to Jamal Adams & the Honey Badger. He's kind of a mixture of both. He's about or 3" taller than both of them. Plus, he's got 2 more years of eligibility left. So he should be here for sure in 2019 anyway.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Pretty good comparison to Jamal Adams & the Honey Badger. He's kind of a mixture of both. He's about or 3" taller than both of them. Plus, he's got 2 more years of eligibility left. So he should be here for sure in 2019 anyway.
He’ll be here next season, unfortunately he’ll likely forego his senior year. That’s one trend I hope O can stop. Might just contend for a few more SEC Championships if we can start retaining some upperclassmen.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
He’ll be here next season, unfortunately he’ll likely forego his senior year. That’s one trend I hope O can stop. Might just contend for a few more SEC Championships if we can start retaining some upperclassmen.

Man, could you imagine? Actually having a few seniors and juniors on defense. What kind of havoc...

TigerTap

Senior
Man, could you imagine? Actually having a few seniors and juniors on defense. What kind of havoc...

The contracts these days are just too big. Some of the signing bonuses are insane. Would be great to have Seniors playing for 4 years again though.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
The contracts these days are just too big. Some of the signing bonuses are insane. Would be great to have Seniors playing for 4 years again though.
Signing bonuses and rookie 1st contracts aren’t what they used to be; in part , thanks to LSU’s JaMarcus Russell.

But yeh the money is still too big for some of these kids to leave alone for another year to 18 months.

Last edited:

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
I’d take Delpit and I love Jamal Adams. Delpit to me is more versatile. Wouldn’t be hurting with either of these 2 however both are tremendous.

mancha

Freshman
Delpit has that je ne sais quoi. It can't be taught. Like sniffing out the fake field goal. The play was designed because Delpit always rushes to block the kick. Only that time he felt the 0-line and reacted. He is like Mathieu in the sense that he is magically where the ball is.

LaSalleAve

Simple man with a complex plan
Delpit has that je ne sais quoi. It can't be taught. Like sniffing out the fake field goal. The play was designed because Delpit always rushes to block the kick. Only that time he felt the 0-line and reacted. He is like Mathieu in the sense that he is magically where the ball is.

Ironic I posted a video about a story Pat McAfee told when Troy Polimalu did essentially the same thing, only McAfee recognized it and called for the kick.