Best Football Movie? (NSFW)

TigerTap

Senior
I know this is a small category in Hollywood...because it"s Hollywood.

Personally, I think the best are The Longest Yard (1974) & The Program (1993)

I liked Everybody's All-American (1988) for obvious reasons. But the ending was sort of missing something. They show "The Grey Ghost" getting a hug from his wife...who is supposed to love him anyway. But the future? Kind of still leaves Gavin Grey repeating the old Ghost football stories, each being more exaggerated every year. Kind of sad ending if you ask me. But maybe that was the point, Football stars don't age gracefully sometimes.

Liked The Waterboy (1998) as well. May be offensive to some Louisianians, but I thought it was funny. I mean come on, who didn't laugh their ass of at this?

tenor.gif

Or
tenor.gif

Liked All The Right Moves(1983) Lea Thompson scene..still on old DVD, but missing on Bluray. Cut from the waist up..:rolleyes:
fOckmxs.jpg

Liked North Dallas Forty (1979) Mac Davis & Nick Nolte, a lot as well.

Also liked Brian's Song (1971)

Liked The Replacements (2000) as well

Friday Night Lights was pretty good, imo.

Didn't care much for Every Given Sunday (1999) too much. Whoo Ah!
Rudy(1993) was ok, but thought his priorities in the Hollywood version at least, were way out of whack, imo. Give up your Fiancé...to dress out for 1 play at Notre Dame, in the mid 70's? Too polished/too Hollywood for my taste. Why not keep the Fiancé & put that same effort into going to a more affordable local college? Sure you wouldn't be a "Star", but you weren't anyway. But, different strokes..

Doesn't get credit for the sack on TV..

Then there's Varsity Blues (1999) Really liked the Whipped Cream Bikini.

b6d779ec68b0dc0158809ec0878cbbf9.gif

Moxon just gets up & leaves.. That pulled me right
out of the movie. I mean WTF? Then he tells his potential "Girlfriend"
he might love her, but might not??

Left Ali Larter alone in a whipped cream bikini...
5901d93bf02ca876067926.gif

Just to recap...
Ali-Larter-Nude-Sexy-69.jpg

Left by a High School Backup QB with No real girlfriend..

I just listed 10 or 11 Football Movies or Football related movies. ( About half the movies Ben Stiller or Will Ferrell were putting out per year, a while back..), I'm sure I'm missed a few. I didn't count the Sandler version of The Longest yard. And Jim Thorpe All-American, wasn't really about Football, imo.

Last edited:

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
The Longest Yard (original) was good, even enjoyed the Adam Sandler version.

The program is one of my favorite football movies.

And I enjoy a few others for what they are, Rudy, The Replacements, Friday Night Lights...

But the absolute best football movie imo is Remember the Titans, with a runner up the wahlberg Philly Eagles movie.

TigerTap

Senior
Ah..forgot Invincible, that was a great football movie. Haven't seen Remember the Titans yet. I'll have to watch that one.

TigerTap

Senior
That pool scene was the best part of the movie.

Definitely! I saw it back in high school. So many memorable charaters..but the Phoebe Cates pool scene was amazing. Can't listen to The Cars "Moving in Stereo" without thinking about her..

Couldn't find the longer gif..

Mr. Hand
PinkSimplisticLcont-small.gif

Last edited: