A Piece of LSU Memorabilia...

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
So I have a neighbor that I talk to on occasion when we cross paths. Just found out yesterday that he is a sports card dealer that specializes in older cards, 1900 to the 80's.

After talking awhile, and he knows I am a rabid LSU fan, he showed me a 1970-71 Topps Pete Maravich rookie card. It's valued at $150-$400 ungraded, due to the extremely great "quality" of this card, minus a small centering issue... I plan on having it graded.

Imo... this is the holy grail of LSU memorabilia, and I walked out his house with it for a $125 fishing reel. :eek:

D0F6B0A3-9850-4583-93F9-ADD83BD52AEF.jpeg 11A4AF55-8B11-49A4-BBD8-996D7D5CEF93.jpeg

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
So I have a neighbor that I talk to on occasion when we cross paths. Just found out yesterday that he is a sports card dealer that specializes in older cards, 1900 to the 80's.

After talking awhile, and he knows I am a rabid LSU fan, he showed me a 1970-71 Topps Pete Maravich rookie card. It's valued at $150-$400 ungraded, due to the extremely great "quality" of this card, minus a small centering issue... I plan on having it graded.

Imo... this is the holy grail of LSU memorabilia, and I walked out his house with it for a $125 fishing reel. :eek:

View attachment 174 View attachment 173

How much for a Mickey Mantle rookie card? I have a few old reels I never use any more.